ANGUS Life Sciences, a business of ANGUS Chemical Company, and the world’s only fully integrated manufacturer of TRIS AMINO™ tromethamine buffers, has announced the addition of five regional account managers to cover the U.S. biotechnology and pharmaceutical markets. The new team bring decades of combined industry experience and are playing an essential role in further developing relationships with leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
“The expansion of our Life Sciences team reflects our dedication to providing customers with the highest-quality production chemicals supported by the service and attention they deserve from experts who have a deep and broad understanding of their business,” said Doug Ward, Sales Director, ANGUS Life Sciences.
The recent appointments to ANGUS Life Sciences’ North American commercial team include:
- Zinab Aldoosi joins ANGUS from Capsugel, where she most recently served as Territory Sales Manager. She previously worked in several technical support, research and sales roles for Datwyler Sealing Solutions; VWR International, LLC; New York Medical College; and Histogenetics. She is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and has geographic responsibility for Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York and New Jersey.
- Lisa Kelly brings more than 24 years of biotechnology industry experience to ANGUS, and most recently served as Key Account and Business Development Manager at Meissner Filtration Products. Prior to that, she held a number of roles in key account management, sales and business development at GE Healthcare; SAFC; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; Life Technologies, Inc.; EMD Chemicals; and Eastern Scientific. Lisa is based in San Francisco, California, with geographic responsibility for California, Washington, Utah, Nevada, and Oregon.
- Jay Lachance comes to ANGUS from Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., where he held the role of Production Chemicals Account Manager. Jay previously was Regional Account Manager for Atlantic Fasteners, which serves the aerospace, military and medical device industries. He is based in Boston, Massachusetts, with geographic responsibility for Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Connecticut and western New York.
- Nicholas Null joins ANGUS from VWR International, LLC, where he was a Production Chemical Specialist with responsibility for introducing custom products and providing technical manufacturing assistance to biotechnology customers. Nicholas is a certified QMS ISO 9001:2008 Internal Auditor, and is based in Cleveland, Ohio, with geographic responsibility for Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Idaho, Missouri, Minnesota and Kansas.
- Daniel Thomas has more than 25 years of relevant industry experience, most recently as Portfolio Manager for Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Previously, he held a variety of sales, product management and technical support roles at National Biochemicals Corporation, Carolina Biological Supply Company, and EMD. Daniel is based in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina, and has geographic responsibility for North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Maryland, Georgia and Florida.
In addition, ANGUS continues to reinforce its commitment to the global biotechnology and pharmaceutical markets through investments in product development and capacity expansion. The Company recently completed a project to increase production capacity for high-purity TRIS AMINO™ Ultra Pure at its Sterlington, Louisiana, manufacturing site. In late 2017, ANGUS also plans to celebrate the opening of a new, state-of-the-art Serinol (2-Amino-1,3-propanediol) manufacturing facility at its existing warehousing and production site in Ibbenbüren, Germany.
“We believe biotechnology is changing the future of the human condition. As a company, we are dedicated to accelerating advancement of the industry by supplying innovators with the very best production chemicals,” said Mark Henning, ANGUS President and Chief Executive Officer. “This, together with providing unmatched levels of product reliability, supply chain transparency and quality assurance, ensure that our customers can confidently bring new, life-changing treatments to the people who need them.”
For more information, visit with an ANGUS Life Sciences representative at the upcoming BioProcess International Conference & Exhibition, Stand #930, September 25-28, 2017, at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston; or at CPhI Worldwide, Stand #101C66, October 24-26, 2017, at the Messe in Frankfurt, Germany.