BioProcess International magazine today announced the winners for the 2016 BioProcess International Awards. The awards celebrate the outstanding achievements, collaborations, business strategies, social corporate responsibility and technology applications that will allow the industry to deliver better, more effective treatments to a global patient base.
Winners and finalists were honored and recognized by their peers during a very entertaining and exciting awards dinner and ceremony Wednesday evening, 5 October at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Boston, MA.
“The BioProcess International Awards provides the industry with a forum to shine a light on what’s really driving progress and advancements in biologics development and manufacturing,” said Brian Caine, Co-Founder and Publisher of BioProcess International magazine. “It’s the individuals, the collaborations, partnerships, and companies that consistently challenge the industry to never accept what works well as good enough.”
Excellence in Leadership
Recognizes any single individual in a company whose leadership skills have allowed them to successfully help their businesses achieve operational excellence.
• Winner: Dr. Igor Fisch, Chief Executive Officer, Selexis
• Dr. Marcel Bassil, Associate Director, Biotech, Benta SAL
• Olivier Loeillot, General Manager, GE Healthcare
Recognizes the companies to watch! New science, new technologies that have seen significant industry adoption with the chance to change the status-quo.
• Winner: NuMedii * Digital Health
• Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult * Cell Therapy
• Quad Technologies * Cell Therapy
Recognizes companies that have made unique and significant contributions to the local, regional, and global community.
• Winner: GlaxoSmithKline – The PULSE Partnership
• Baxter – The Baxter International Foundation
• Biogen – Closing the Hemophilia Gap in the Developing World
Excellence in Facility Design or Retrofit
Recognizes a facility that exemplifies innovation through the use of key technologies and/or designs.
• Winner: JHL Biotech – Installation of KUBio Biomanufacturing Solution
• FujiFilm DioSynth – Re-Purposing a Microbial facility for Multi-Product GMP Manufacturing
• Gibraltar Laboratories – cGMP Independent Lab and Sterilization Services
Partnerships that have proven to result in significant benefits toward accelerating drug development.
• Winner: Puridify/GSK – FibroSelect Industrial Use
• G-CON / GEA Pharma Systems / Pfizer: the PCMM Consortium
• Pall Life Sciences/FloDesign – Disruptive Cadence Acoustic Separator
Best Technology Application – Upstream
User or supplier of an application that has demonstrated significant adoption, process improvements and documented results.
• Winner: Stratophase – Ranger Service
• Nova Biomedical – BioProfile FLEX2
• Glycotope – Sedimentation in an Automated Microbioreactor (SAM)
Best Technology Application – Downstream
User or supplier that has been able to demonstrate reduction in downstream processing steps, time, and cost.
• Winner: Pall Life Sciences – Cadence Acoustic Separator
• Puridify – FibroSelect
• Sanofi – Continuous Disposable Technology
Best Technology Application – Analytical
User or supplier has demonstrated increased functionality in novel combinations with other analytical technologies.
• Winner: Sciex – High Throughput Glycoslyation Analysis
• Catalent Pharma Solutions – Biolayer Interferometry (Octet)
• Ovizio – iLine F
BPI’s 2016 Industry Champion
• Mark Petrich – Director, Single-Use Systems Engineering, Merck
Congratulations and thank you to all the winners, finalists, and nominees.
More info: BPI Awards